Mutual exchange your home

Laburnum winterTenants of the Association can apply to swap their house with another tenant of Abronhill Housing Association or of another social landlord such as another Association or Council.

Anyone can register for a mutual exchange with Abronhill Housing Association by completing the Mutual Exchange Application Form and the details of your property will be held in the Association office which can be viewed by the public on request.  To view our mutual exchange register please call into the Association office.  You can also view our landlords mutual exchanges by calling into their office.

If you see a property in our mutual exchange folder that you are interested in you should contact the other tenant and express an interest.  Both parties are responsible for arranging a viewing of each property to check for suitablility.

Please be aware that if you have any outstanding monies owed to your current landlord this may affect your request to exchange homes.  Please check this with your landlord.

Applying for permission for a mutual exchange

New Build PhotoOnce you have found someone that agrees to exchange with you you can apply for the exchange by both parties completing the Application to apply for a mutual exchange and returning this form to Abronhill Housing Association.  Please note that the exchanging tenant will also require permission from their landlord and will be required to contact them direct to discuss this.