Problems paying your rent

Abronhill Housing Association understands that any number of situations can result in tenants facing money problems from time to time which can affect their ability to pay their rent regularly.

If you are having problems paying your rent, talk to your housing officer soon as possible - we want to help and will do all that we can to assist any tenant who finds themselves in this situation.  

If you are having trouble paying your rent, we can arrange to visit you or you can call into our office where we can offer you advice in confidence and discuss suitable repayment options.  It is important to ask for help early in order not to let the arrears get out of hand.  Your housing officer can give you information and advice on Housing Benefit/Univeral Credit.  We can also help you get in touch with other organisations such as AFTAR who can give you advice about any debt that is worrying you.

Please remember it is your responsibility to ensure your rent account is up-to-date.  Although we will assist anyone facing difficulties paying their rent we must also maximise the rental income and therefore will take action against any tenant who doesn't pay their rent or maintain an agreement to repay arrears.  Please remember that rent arrears can prevent a tenant being able to transfer their tenancy to a more suitable property or take part in a mutual exchange.